SLEEP THERAPY At BLUE PHOENIX Q & A
- Roughly 40 million Americans suffer from a chronic sleep disorder.
- Loss of sleep costs US Employers an estimated $18 Billion in lost productivity.
- 62% of American adults experience a sleep problem a few nights a week.
- 30% of all adults have insomnia in the course of any year. The vast majority use sleep medication.
- Drugs for insomnia mask the problem without eliminating it.
- The cause of the sleeplessness, now hidden, continues to grow.
- The invariable side effects of the drug break down the body further.
Q. Is There A Long-Term Solution To Insomnia That Does Not Involve Drugs?
Yes. The three non-chemical, naturally-based systems that I use are:
- Hypnotherapy and Neuro-Linguistic Programming.
- Food therapy and targeted supplements
Q. What are the benefits of each method?
Asians have used acupuncture for sleep issues for over 3,000 years. Depending on how your sleep disorder manifests, acupuncture releases chemicals to balance the body and mind by ‘rebooting’ the nervous system. Sleeplessness is unique to each person and Chinese Medicine takes that into account.
B. Hypnosis And Neuro-Linguistic Programming
In hypnosis the client is always aware, and in control, of what is going on. I use hypnosis and/or Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) to send sleep-positive messages into the subconscious, thus helping the client to reconnect with their natural sleep cycle. Whether as an adjunct to acupuncture or as standalone therapy, Hypnosis is highly effective for breaking the insomnia cycle.
C. Food Therapy and Targeted Supplements
It is a given that most food is riddled with pesticides, hormones, antibiotics and carcinogens. Unfortunately, this compromises glands such as the pineal, the thyroid and adrenal leading to hormonal imbalance, which naturally affects the sleep cycle. In order to regulate these imbalances we utilize targeted supplements to repair damage and leech out heavy metals, chemicals and food allergens from your system. This in turn regulates the hormonal system, leading to a more consistent sleep cycle.
Q. How do I know which method will be most beneficial for me?
We talk with the client to find out what they’re comfortable with. We may check to see if the client is physiologically available for healing. Not everyone is. This is often the reason the correct therapies did not work before. No one benefits from what I call the Sisyphus Treatment: Rolling a rock up hill, only to watch it roll back down. Once the healing switch is on, we set a treatment timetable and proceed with whichever method(s) the client is comfortable with. At any time the client may switch modalities or add or subtract others.
If you are interested in either a free consultation or making an appointment, call us at (212) 777 7191.